Certificate: Certified Business Analysis Professional (IIBA®)
Duration: 4 Days
Course Delivery: Classroom or Virtual Live
Credits: 28 PDUs
This course prepares participants to take Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP®) exam based on the BABOK®v2.0 Edition from the International Institute of Business Analysis(IIBA®). In the evolving world of Business Analysis, there is an increasing demand for effective and experienced Business Analysts who have obtained the IIBA Certified Business Analyst Professional (CBAP®) designation.
The course is about you: understanding your learning style, leveraging your professional background, knowledge and experience, identifying those areas where you need to expand and solidify your knowledge, identifying learning and study techniques that work best for you to help you to make the most of your study time, and focus your time and energy where you will benefit most. We use a variety of interactive study methods to immerse you in the BABOK® Guide, including practice quizzes, small group breakouts, memorization techniques and online research, all facilitated by a professional CBAP-certified instructor who understands how to help you learn best. At the end of every module, you will write a practice test, measure your performance, and identify your study priorities.
Individuals at this level will demonstrate the ability to:
• Successfully navigate the CBAP/CCBA application process
• Apply to write the exam
• Develop your own personal study plan
• Use the BABOK Guide® as your primary study tool
• Network with other business analysts who are studying, or who have recently taken the exam
• Apply proven study techniques, and
• Identify those areas where you need to study the most
This course is suitable for experienced people who wish to prepare for the CBAP exam. In order to attain CBAP certification, you must meet the standard IIBA certification qualifications listed on the IIBA webpage (under certification).
● Take the Exam
You will receive the following as part of this course:
• Copy of the BABOK® Guide
• Study guide for each knowledge area
• Practice exams (with answers)
• Exam score calculator spreadsheet
• Personal study plan template
• Spreadsheet to help with the application to write the exam
• Powerpoint template for flash cards
• What is IIBA® Certification?
• Why should you earn a professional certification?
• Benefits for your organization
• Available study resources and how to use them
2. Develop Your Personal Study Plan
• Describe what you have to do to apply, and to successfully write the exam.
• Understand your learning style
• Develop your study plan, schedule and budget
• Learn how to measure and track your study progress
3. An overview of the BABOK® Guide
• Introduce the 6 Knowledge Areas, tasks, techniques and underlying competencies
• Start to apply the BABOK® Guide as your primary study reference
• Get familiar with key terms like domain, solution, capability, and requirement
• Understand the roles of key stakeholders in business analysis
• Learn great study tips to the BABOK® Guide
4. The Elicitation Knowledge Area
• Learn how to use a combination of elicitation techniques to elicit unstated and implied requirements, and to confirm elicitation results
• Investigate those techniques with which you are least familiar
5. Enterprise Analysis
• Describe the role business analysis plays before a project is initiated
• Apply key concepts like Business Goals and Objectives, and Business Case
6. Requirements Analysis
• Learn how to use visual models to analyze, document and validate requirements
• Apply key techniques like Prioritization and Backlog Management
• Apply different requirements verification and validation techniques
7. Solution Assessment and Validation
• Understand how to determine the solution approach
• Apply measurement techniques to aid with benefits realization
• Apply techniques to support the smooth implementation of a solution.
8. Requirements Management and Communication Knowledge Area
• Understand how to apply key concepts like traceability and scope control
9. Business Analysis Planning and Monitoring Knowledge Area
• Plan requirements elicitation, documentation and validation on a specific initiative
• Determine the business analysis approach to a plan-driven, or waterfall-type of project, and a change-driven, or iterative (agile) type-of-project
• Describe how to measure and monitor the performance of business analysis work
10. How To Apply To Write The Exam
• Start your application to write the CCBA or CBAP exam, using the spreadsheet provided with this course
• Understand what the IIBA will allow and will not allow as valid BA experience
• Learn how to calculate your eligible hours
11. Wrap Up
Note examination is not included in the course.
The exam and certification are at the discretion of the IIBA application acceptance.
To take the CBAP® (Certification Business Analysis Professional) exam, applicants must meet all of the following criteria:
● Minimum 7500 hours of BA work experience aligned with A Guide to the Business Analysis Book of Knowledge® (BABOK® Guide) in the last 10 years
● Minimum 900 hours in four of the six knowledge areas
● Minimum 21 hours of Professional Development in the past four years
● Two references from a career manager, client or Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP®) recipient
● Signed Code of Conduct