HDI® Customer Service Representative Training
Frontline customer service representatives interact with your customers every day. Do they have the skills to create first-rate customer experiences? This skills-building and certification course introduces the skills and techniques required to provide outstanding customer service and support.
HDI Customer Service Representative (HDI-CSR) training focuses on call handling best practices, communication and listening techniques, documentation, problem-solving, and troubleshooting skills, conflict negotiation, and responses to difficult customer behaviors.
- How to assess customer business needs and exceed customer expectations.
- Critical thinking skills to resolve incidents quickly and consistently.
- Active listening skills and effective communication strategies.
- How to identify and defuse challenging customer behavior.
- An awareness of the core processes and best practices used in service and support.
This certification verifies that customer service professionals are knowledgeable in the skills and techniques required to provide exceptional customer service and support in both support center and call center environments. It ensures they understand how to assess customer needs while exceeding their expectations.
About the Examination:
The certification exam is based on the HDI Customer Service Representative (HDI-CSR) Certification Standard and is delivered online through the HDI Learning Center.
Each exam consists of 65 multiple choice questions and must be completed in 75 minutes. A minimum score of 80 percent is required to pass a certification exam, unless otherwise published. Individuals who achieve the passing score will receive a certificate from HDI acknowledging their accomplishment and a credentialing logo that may be added to signature blocks and business cards.
Our courses are developed from the certification standards and are designed to assist a student in preparing for an HDI certification exam. They reinforce the core concepts of the certification standards and provide skills-building opportunities for the attendees.
Module 1: Your Role in the Support Center
- Role of the Customer Service Representative
- Support Center’s Role in the Business
- Total Contact Ownership
- Call Handling Procedures
- Quality Assurance
Module 2: Communication Skills
- The Communication Process
- Cultural Sensitivity
- Vocal Elements
- Active Listening
- Incident Documentation
- Writing Skills
Module 3: Problem-solving and Troubleshooting Skills
- Problem-solving and Types of Thinking
- Questioning Skills
- Solve Incidents with IMPACT
- Additional Strategies
Module 4: Maximizing Effectiveness
- Your Customer’s Psychological Needs
- Handling Conflict
- Handling Difficult Customer Behaviors
- Stress Management
- The Power of a Service Attitude
- Support professionals from customer service centers, call centers, and support centers who want to refine their communication skills and learn best practices that can help improve customer experiences.
- Individuals who are preparing for the HDI Customer Service Representative Certification exam.