Process Modeling Using BPMN Training
Duration: 2 Days
Course Delivery: Classroom or Virtual Live
Credits: 14 PDUs, 14 CDUs
Learn to map your business processes easily and efficiently using the industry standard – BPMN which stands for Business Process Modeling Notation from the Object Management Group (OMG). You will learn the best practices in process mapping using the latest industry standards (BPMN) so that both the business and IT stakeholders will be able to understand the models and map processes consistently through-out your organization.
Individuals at this level will have demonstrated their ability to:
● Provide a solid foundation for applying business process modeling principles and best practices with BPMN
● Demonstrate how to solve practical business problems using BPMN Business Process Diagrams (BPDs)
Business Analysis Essentials and/or Eliciting and Writing Effective Requirements or like experience (BA, writing requirements, and PM).
You will receive the following as part of this course:
● BPMN V2.0 Poster
● BPMN Templates
Section 1: Introduction
● What is Business Process Modeling?
● What is Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN)?
● Benefits of BPMN
Section 2: An Overview of Governance
● An overview of governance
● Key governance questions to ask
● What happens if you don’t have effective governance?
Section 3: Mapping the Business Problem
● Define a strategic outcomes map
● Define a Business model and relevant processes
Section 4: Modeling Simple BPMN Structures
● When do you use BPMN?
● What are simple BPMN structures?
● AS-IS vs. TO-BE modeling
Section 5: Modeling Complex BPMN Structures
● What are complex BPMN structures
● When to use complex BPMN structures
Section 6: Analyzing Process Models
● Identifying poor process models
● Creating process models that everyone can understand
● Identify criteria for a well-defined process
Section 7: Process Mapping Versus Process Modeling
● Determine when to create a process map
● Determine when to create a process model
● Asking the four “Ares”
Section 8: Additional Resources
● Learning about BPMN 2.0
● More useful BPMN links
● BPMN 2.0 free editors
● Business Analysts
● Database Administrators
● Systems Analysts
● Data Modelers
● Process Modelers