SDN Foundations Training
Duration: 3 Days
Course Delivery: Classroom, Virtual Classroom
SDN Foundations is a 3-day class with 50% lecture and 50% lab that covers the most recent developments in the SDN arena. This unique offering showcases several vendor solutions in the practical component of the class, and allows attendees to gain valuable insight into how the industry is progressing, learn about OpenFlow, as well as gain experience with python to build a simple APP for OpenDayLight.
- Network Engineers
Individuals certified at this level will have demonstrated their understanding of:
- SDN Definitions and Standards.
- OpenFlow, how OpenFlow works, and connection setup between OpenFlow Switch and SDN controller.
- Pica8, Brocade, Big Switch Networks, Cisco, Juniper Contrail, and Plumgrid ONS.
- OpenStack and Opendaylight
- Network automation, tools for network programmers and SDN Programming 101.
Participants should have a basic understanding of networking.
- SDN Engineer
There is no exam for this course.
|Introduction||SDN via Overlays||Openstack vs Opendaylight|
|Definitions and Standards||Case studies||SDN Programming 101|
|SDN via APIs|
Module 1: Introduction
Module 2: Definitions and Standards
Lab 1: NEC PFC and Mininet
Module 3: Open SDN
Lab 2a: Pica8
Lab 2b: Big Switch Big Cloud Fabric
Lab2c: Brocade Vyatta Controller
Module 4: SDN via APIs
Lab 3: Cisco APIC-EM
Module 5: SDN via Overlays
Lab 4: Juniper Contrail
Module 6: Case Studies
Module 7: Openstack vs Opendaylight
Module 8: SDN Programming 101
Lab 5: Building an APP