Team Kanban Practitioner Course
The Team Kanban Practitioner class teaches the basics of the Kanban Method, a methodology for teams to reduce waste in current processes and optimize workflows. During this 1-day class, each participant will:
- Be able to design and implement a Team Kanban board.
- Learn the basics of visualizing different types of work and associated risk.
- Understand how to proceed to the next level with Kanban
- Team members in professional services roles whose employer wishes to explore and pursue Kanban.
- Those who feel overburdened and wish to find some respite to enable them to “get things done” with quality, improved speed, and predictability.
- Managers and team members who need help focusing on what to work on now, what to leave until later and what to discard altogether.
Individuals certified at this level will have demonstrated their understanding of:
- the Kanban Method.
- how to design and implement a basic Kanban board.
- work item types and the risks associated with specific work items.
- the training roadmap and the value and benefits to be derived at each step in the Kanban Method
Benefits of Taking This Course
Become faster and more responsive with better risk management and governance. After taking this course participants will be able to:
- learn about various styles of team Kanban board and how to choose the correct style for their current way of working.
- learn how to behave and collaborate when practicing Kanban at the team level.
- implement a Team Kanban Board and get started.
- have an appreciation of service delivery workflow Kanban pull systems.
The Team Kanban Practitioner class covers the topics shown in color in the table below.
Course participants are encouraged to have read the book Kanban by David J. Anderson or Kanban from the Inside by Mike Burrows.
- Kanban System Design
- Kanban Management Professional
There is no exam for this course, the certification is issued upon successful course completion.
|Module 1: Introduction|
|Module 2: Understanding Kanban Systems|
|Module 3: Featureban Game|
|Module 4: Proto Kanban|
|Module 5: Commitment & Replenishment|
|Module 6: Closing Thoughts|
Module 1: Introduction
- Definition of Kanban Method
- The meaning of Kanban
Module 2: Understanding Kanban Systems
- Kanban Method Practice 1: Visualize
- Kanban Method Practice 2: Limit Work in Progress (WIP)
- Kanban Method Practice 3: Manage Flow
- Kanban Method Practice 4: Make Process Policies Explicit
Module 3: Featureban Game
Module 4: Proto Kanban
- Kanban Method Practice 5: Implement Feedback Loop
Module 5: Commitment & Replenishment
Module 6: Closing Thoughts
Appendices: Kanban Values Exercise